Bavarian-Hungarian Online Business Day
An inspiring plenary session and targeted 1:1 meetings - it all promises knowledge gain and new business contacts.
The match-making event brings together companies from both Germany and Hungary. This is a unique opportunity to generate new business contacts and contracts. Meetings will take place online, in virtual boothsa and will be arranged in advance by means of this website.
- Automotive Industry
- Metals Industry
- Information & Communication Technology
- Agro Industry
- As purchaser - find qualified Hungarian suppliers already embedded in the European Supply Chain for decades, during effective one-to one meetings
- As market/sales manager - find new potential customers
- As product developer - find partners to discuss new technology and innovative solutions
At the plenary session you will hear about interesting political, diplomatic and economic issues and the EU industrial policy as well as legal questions such as state aids to help your business develop further.
- Consul General Gábor Tordai-Lejkó -
Welcome speech and a brief overview of the Hungarian-Bavarian Economic Relations
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Niebler - President of Wirtschaftsbeirat Bayern, Member of European Parliament - Hungary and Bavaria: Two strong economic partners in the EU
- Edina Tóth - Member of European Parliament - Future of the EU Industrial Strategy
- Dr. Kristóf Szabó - CEO of HEPA - Export Promotion of Hungary - Export Promotion & Export Growth Support
- Róbert Ésik - CEO of HIPA - Economic Impact of COVID-19, Answers & Aiding Strategy
- Tamás Jeránek - Digital Industries Director - Siemens Zrt - Answers of Digitization to the Challenges of Today, through Siemens perspective
- Dr. Bálint Tóásó - Partner, KPMG Hungary; Doing business in Hungary in the Covid-era: how to keep the pace
Bavarian-Hungarian Trade relations
The 13 million Bavaria, which is close to Hungary regarding its size (70,500 km²), is one of Hungary's most important foreign economic partners. In 2019, among the provinces of Germany, Bavaria was Hungary’s largest trading partner in terms of total trade in goods. Approx. 2300 Bavarian companies have active trade relations with Hungarian partners, out of which cca. 250 companies have production sites in Hungary. Moreover, Bavarian companies employ roughly 50,000 people in Hungary. In 2019, trade relations between the two countries reached € 14.75 billion.
In connection with the coronavirus crisis, the importance of reducing risks, diversifying supply chains and increasing the resilience of companies will increase. It is important that, after the crisis, complex supply chains are re-established, supply is not disrupted ao that companies would be able to meet the increased demand. The crisis may also be an opportunity for both Bavarian and Hungarian companies to establish new business and professional relations.